While sending an e-mail from our smartphones, we often have trouble in adding our digital signature. To make things better and simpler, mobile applications have nowadays started supporting digital signatures. With Gmail app you get the freedom to add or edit your personal information including your name, contact details, alternative e-mail id, digital signature etc.
Before adding or changing your digital signature, it is important to keep in mind that mobile signature is independent from your Gmail signature available on the web. So, changing or adding signature on a mobile app wonâ€™t make any changes in your digital signature available on Gmail web.
Here are a few tips that will allow you to add and edit your digital signature on Gmail app automatically. These tips will guide you for adding digital signature on different Gmail app versions.
Gmail app digital signature for Android 2.2-2.3 verison
1. Â Tap on â€˜Action Overflowâ€™ icon or on the â€˜Menuâ€™ icon (depending on the option that is available in your smartphone).
2. Â Now, from the available options choose â€˜Settingsâ€™ or â€˜E-mail Settingsâ€™.
3. Â If you are using multiple e-mail accounts, then you will be prompted to select an e-mail account from the list. Select the e-mail account for which you want to add or edit your digital signature.
4. Â Now, choose â€˜Signatureâ€™.
5. Type or edit your current signature in the signature field.
6. Â Now tap on Save, Done or Ok option (the name of these options may vary, but they have same function)
Gmail app digital signature for Android 4.0 to Gmail 5.0 versions
1. Â Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of your Gmail mobile app.
2. Â Now, choose â€˜Settingsâ€™ available at the bottom of the menu list.
3. Â On the next screen, select the e-mail account for the one you wish to add a signature.
4. Â Now, tap on â€˜Signatureâ€™ option and type that details that you wish to be automatically included at the bottom of every e-mail that you send from your smartphone.
5. Â After you have entered your desired digital signature, click on â€˜OKâ€™ to save the changes.
If you wish to add multiple lines to your digital signature, then click on â€˜Enter keyâ€™ after typing text for each line. Once you have made the desired changes, save the changes made. Your digital signature will automatically be added to every e-mail that you send from Gmail mobile app.