Planning a vacation but are worried about mails flooding your inbox? Or are you concerned about not being able to answer to that important mail and fear that it may cost you dear? Â Donâ€™t worry, because your Gmail account will let your friends/ colleagues/ business associates know about your unavailability. Yeah! Now your Gmail account can ease your tension to a great extent. It will inform all who try to reach you via mail by bouncing a message about your vacation so that they wonâ€™t message you till you are back.
Actually, you can set up an automatic response note which bounces back as soon as any one sends a message to your Gmail account. To accomplish this setting, all you need to do is:
- Just log into Gmail account via a web browser and then click the â€˜Mail Settingsâ€™ icon, which is clearly visible on the upper right corner of the window.
- On the Gmail settings page, click on the â€˜Generalâ€™ tab and scroll down to the â€˜Vacation Responderâ€™ area.
- Click on the â€˜Vacation Responderâ€™ area to turn it on.
- Now simply compose the automatic-reply message you want to use and simultaneously set the dates you want your message to go out on.
- To allow only your Gmail contacts to know about your unavailability, simply click on the button which is next to â€™Only send a response to people in my Contactsâ€™.
- When you are done with it, click on the â€˜Save Changesâ€™ button.
Not only Gmail, the Vacation Responder feature is also available on Yahoo Mail and Windows Live Hotmail too. Just log in to your account (in the web mail services mentioned above) and choose â€˜Optionsâ€™ and then either â€˜Mail Optionsâ€™ in Yahoo or just â€˜More Optionsâ€™ in Windows Live Hotmail to set your vacation response settings.
So, now there is no worry of missing your friendâ€™s message on your Gmail account. Instead inform them about your unavailability by this vacation responder feature so that they join you once you are back. Hey ladies! Donâ€™t forget to share your memorable moments once you are back from your trip.