Winter, the coldest and the most loved season is here. Blowing winds and falling snow, drives a chill through the body. People take time off from their busy schedule during this season and go on for vacations. People mostly travel to places with mountains where winter sports are prevalent. Winter sports like skiing and snowboarding are the most common sports played during this season.
Technology has provided a lot of benefit for travelers and people who like to use tech tools to assist them in their daily life. Here are a few tech tools that will help you with weather forecasts and provide assistance to play your favorite winter sports.
Tech tools for winter traveler
On TheSnow Ski & Snow Report
This is the worldâ€™s leading website for snow and ski conditions that provides you with current snow reports and more than 2,000 ski areas around the world. Developed by SkiReport.com, the On TheSnow Ski & Snow Report also comes as an app. It provides details about how many slopes and lifts are open and tracks the statistics for snowfall in a particular area.
- Provides with regional weather forecasts
- Provides with snow reports
- Shows map of ski areas
- Provides discounts and deals from ski resorts
- Helps in locating nearby ski areas through GPS
- Provides first hand ski reports and resort ratings/reviews from fellow skiers
- Provides ski gear advice and reviews
Developed by Core Coders Ltd. Ski Tracks application is now available in Android for your smartphone. This app for Android not only provides snow reports but it records your ski tracks. Ittracks the distance, speed, slope, altitude and other details about the skiing activity you are going to undertake. The Ski Tracks app also has one neat multi layer feature that can view Google map.
- It tracks even without phone signal
- Provides profile graphs and ski stats
- The map tools shows time, distance and stop watch
- It can record up to 20 hours
- Analyze individual lifts and Ski Runs
- Receive calls and text even while tracking
- Provides maps with terrain modes, satellite mode and roadmap
REI Snow Report
The REI Snow Report provides all the information you need to know about winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. Developed by Recreational Equipment Inc. the REI Snow Report is available in the form of an app as well. It focuses mainly on ski resorts, snow surface, daily weather, wind and number of lifts.
- Provides a good portfolio of winder sports information
- Provides five-day weather forecasts
- Provides information about the amount of snowfall
- Sends alerts when thereâ€™s a fresh snowfall
- Get expert advice from REI.com
- Provides reference trail maps
- Share snow forecasts with friends via social networking sites
If you are an outdoor person and love going out for vacations in mountains to play winter sports, these tech tools will assist you have a great time during your traveling experience. So pack your bags and download these tech tool apps for a better winter vacation.