If the videos that you captured during your last vacation left you disappointed, you surely do not need to sulk. All you need to know, are the handy tips that we have for you today, which can definitely help you to create better movies. If you have a smartphone and can vouch for its camera quality, half the battle is won. Yes, we arenâ€™t teaching you here how to capture good movies on some high-end professional camera; rather we are telling you how you can create interesting stuff using your cellphone! So, for the upcoming get-together, let your photography (videography) instincts take the better of you as you try the below-mentioned simple tricks. Are you ready to learn them yet?
- First and foremost, before you roll, make sure you have a steady base on which you can place your camera. A slight shake or a jerk can indeed mar the video and make it appear horrible. For better stability, use a tripod and see for yourself how different the shots will look. Yes, you can place your smartphone on a tripod.
- If you want to retain the audio as is, remember to keep silent while you are filming. No matter how sweet you may find the song that your little one is singing or find your cousinâ€™s voice absolutely croaking, if you begin to hum along with them, you can be sure that you will yourself destroy the video. An original audio definitely complements the video; keep both intact.
- If possible, opt to shoot your videos using your smartphone in the natural light. Shooting indoors may make it difficult for you to film in artificial lighting, as you will not have too many options to control the lighting conditions there. In addition, outdoors can give you better depth and clarity and at the same time will be easier for you to handle.
- Follow the basics of videography. Experiment with the subject and go in for dramatic shots rather than the plain ones. For eg: donâ€™t always opt to place the subject in the middle of the frame. Zoom in/ zoom out, tilt and pan rather than only the standard unmoving shots that appear boring after a time.
- Once you are through with capturing the images, spend some time to edit the same. Yes, there are plenty of editing tools available in the market today that enable one to conveniently edit videos that are captured on a smartphone. Brushing up the video is necessary and will give your movie the final required polish.
We hope that these guidelines can help you take care of the technical part of creating an interesting video. We completely believe that both â€“ creativity and technical know-how – go hand in hand and each contributes toward making your video, a masterpiece.