Todayâ€™s kids love playing online games on Smartphones. And while playing, they generally exceed the budget too as they end up purchasing newer online games to stock up their gamesâ€™ repertoire. As a Mom you constantly worry about it and want to stop your kid from being such a spendthrift. But you canâ€™t alone blame the child as game developers strategically attract kids by making funny animations and cartoons to promote their products and once the kid is under their magic spell, they charge them huge amount of money. Â Really, as game developers try new ways to lure the children, the onus is on the Moms to try new ways to prevent this from happening and at the same time keep the kids happy.
iTunes come into action
iTunes has taken a recommendable step in this direction, which is surely going to help Moms like you to keep an eye on the kids as well as the Smartphones. iTunes allows you to create a fixed monthly allowance for any activity you or your kids do i.e. downloading music, games, movies or online shopping; you name it and iTunes takes care of it perfectly. Once you reach your spending limit, you are not allowed to make any other purchases till the next month.
How to create monthly allowance on iTunes?
Creating monthly allowance on iTunes is as easy as clicking one or two options:
- At first, login to your iTunes account.
- Just browse through the iTunes store on this site and click on â€˜Buy iTunes Giftsâ€™, which is under the â€˜Quick Linksâ€™ tab.
- Now, just scroll down to the â€˜Allowancesâ€™ section and there click on â€˜Set up an allowance nowâ€™.
- Next, you are asked to enter the name of the person whom you want to grant the allowance and simultaneously choose any amount ranging from $10 to $50. In case the recipient you choose does not have an Apple ID, you can easily create a new account. Now, click on â€˜Continueâ€™.
- Once you are done with it, you are asked to enter an e-mail address for the recipient along with a unique password. Make sure you provide both; the id and the password too, because both of them are needed for the recipient to make purchases against their allowance.
- Just click on â€˜Createâ€™ and your iTunes monthly allowance is set up.
Â In case you havenâ€™t utilized all your amount in a given month, you can comfortably and safely get it transferred to the next month. In order to make any changes in the allowance, just login to your account, browse to the â€˜Quick linksâ€™ under iTunes Store home page and make the necessary changes.
iTunes has really relieved mothers by taking such an appreciable step to protect their kids from making unreasonable expenses. It has made kids realize the importance of money, thus making them smarter.
Get complete support for installing or uninstalling iTunes on your computer.